How we collect information about you
We may collect and process the following information about you that:
- information that you provide by filling in the “contact us” or similar forms on the site;
- is otherwise captured in, or submitted through, the site; and
- you give us by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise.
Use and disclosure of your information
Your information will be used for the purpose(s) it was collected for (or another closely related purpose, such as keeping records). We will never sell or trade this contact information for marketing purposes. In particular, you acknowledge that it is in our legitimate interests to use and disclose your information:
- for the purpose of responding to your query and for any other purposes described or implicit from the context of that information;
- for site administration and to analyse browsing actions and trends;
- to our own internal service providers (such as our IT support team);
- with any member of our corporate group of companies;
- to anyone who acquires CWA or substantially all of its assets;
- where we are required to by any legal obligation to enforce this statement; and
- to protect the rights, property or safety of CWA, our customers, or other third parties.
Where we store your information
The information CWA collect may be transferred to, processed, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area. In the event of such a transfer we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your information is treated securely and in accordance with both this Policy and our obligations under UK data protection law.
Storing your information
We will store your information for as long as we believe it is reasonably necessary to do so for the purposes for which it was collected. We employ a variety of measures to keep your personal information safe and secure. We control who has access to it using both physical and electronic means. Our staff receive data protection training and we have a set of detailed data protection procedures which personnel are required to follow when handling personal information.
You have the following rights in respect of your personal data: (a) the right to confirmation as to whether or not we have your information and, if we do, to obtain a copy of the personal data; (b) the right to have certain information provided to you in a portable electronic format, or transmitted to another data controller, where technically feasible; (c) the right to have inaccurate data rectified; (d) the right to object to your data being used for marketing or profiling; (e) the right to restrict how your personal information is used; and (f) the right to be forgotten, which allows you to have your data erased in certain circumstances.
Please be aware that there are exceptions to the rights above and, though we will always try to respond to your satisfaction, there may be situations where we are unable to do so.
If you have any questions regarding this Policy, or would like to talk to us about any personal information which we hold about you, please contact us at ISMS@cwa.co.uk. If you have any complaints and do not wish to speak to us first you can contact the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, which oversees data protection compliance in the UK at www.ico.org.uk.
Last Updated March 2019